Town Clerk's Office
Town Clerk/Chief Executive Officer – Mr. Vusi Matsebula
The Town Clerk’s office is responsible for the proper carrying out of all directions of the Council. The office takes all reasonable steps to ensure that Management is properly supplied with the information which it needs to exercise its responsibilities. It is also responsible for coordinating the activities of Council and the general supervision, control and efficiency of the administration, organization and management of the Town Council departments, sections and branches. The Town Clerk’s office is also responsible for all communication between the Management and the authority’s departments, sections, branches and communication with the public.
Mr Matsebula has been working as an Executive Manager in Local Government for the past 14 years. He holds a Masters in Business Leadership (MBL) from the University of South Africa, a Master of Science Degree in Environmental Resource Management from the University of Swaziland. He also holds a Diploma in Management of Local Development and a Diploma in Enterprise Development from the International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization in Turin, Italy. Mr Matsebula further has a Certificate in Disaster Management from the University of South Africa. He is also an alumnus of the Mandela Washington Fellowship – Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI), 2015 program and is an alumnus of the Georgia State University – Andrew Young School of Public Policy (USA). He is currently pursuing a Chartered Secretaries qualification with The Chartered Governance Institute of Southern Africa.
Roles and functions
- Preparing agendas and circulation of meeting packs.
- Attendance at meetings (subsidiaries and management) and drafting minutes.
- Drafting all resolutions of directors, shareholders, committees and Expo.
- Supervision of the completion and timeous submission of required documents to CIPC.
- Input in the Integrated Annual Report.
- Assisting with governance-related matters including, but not limited to, King IV.
- Providing guidance to users on the scope and application of General Signing Powers and Levels of Authority.
- Responding to and assisting directors and executives with queries on various matters.•
- Assistance and support to the Company Secretary and Deputy Company Secretary, as and when required.
- Responding to general queries regarding FICA, Tenders, Credit Applications, SARS, B-BBEE verification and Auditor queries.
- Preparation of documentation for annual audit.